Are You In a Stage of Change?
We all know that it is hard to change habits and find motivation to do so. Change is not always a question of willpower. To “change” we need to find out what really drives us to let go of a habit. Often this is not easy to find out – and that is where our Health and Wellness Coach comes in. Every stage has a different approach. Here are the different stages of change. Got a health goal in mind? How ready are you to let go of a habit?
- Precontemplation – Not Ready for Change (No thanks, Not me.)
- Contemplation – Thinking about Change (Well, yes, maybe…)
- Preparation – Preparing for Action (OK! Let’s figure it out!)
- Action – Taking Action (I’m doing it!)
- Maintenance – Maintaining a Good Behavior (Yeah! I’ve got this!)