News & Events
- Houston Patch – Lifestyle Medicine: Learn Why Your Genes are Not Your Destiny June 18, 2018
Dr. Serna talks about Lifestyle Medicine in the Houston Patch (June 18).
To read the entire article click here:
Dr. Serna will present the keys to healthy living at North Cypress Medical Center on June 19th and 20th…all are welcome.Continue reading →
- Join us…June 19th & 20th, Lifestyle Medicine: New Keys to a Long Healthy Life June 11, 2018 Continue reading →
- Enjoy our June/July 2018 Office News June 7, 2018 Continue reading →
- New study points to key role of healthy behaviors in longer life expectancy May 21, 2018
Powerful proof of the efficacy of lifestyle medicine’s tenets was recently published in the Circulation Journal, where study authors concluded that adoption of a healthy lifestyle by US adults can substantially reduce premature mortality and prolong life expectancy.
Five low-risk lifestyle factors were identified, including:
- never smoking
- at least 30 minutes daily of moderate physical activity
- moderate alcohol intake
- a high quality diet
- body mass index (BMI) of 18.5-24
At age 50, adults who adopted all five of these factors had a life expectancy of 43.1 years for women and 37.6 years for men.
By contrast, adults who adopted none of the low-risk lifestyle factors had a life expectancy at age 50 years of 29 years for women and 25.5 years for men.
Read more about the study here: Healthy Lifestyle Impact on Life Expectancies.Continue reading →
- Join us…Thursday May 24, 8:30-10:00 am: Coffee & Conversation with Dr. Serna April 17, 2018 Continue reading →
- Enjoy our April/May 2018 Office News April 17, 2018 Continue reading →
- Save the Date…June 19th & 20th, Lifestyle Medicine: New Keys to a Long, Healthy Life: Community Wellness Seminar March 30, 2018 Continue reading →
- Join Us…March 27th & 28th, Plant-Based Eating: Community Wellness Seminar March 23, 2018 Continue reading →
- Flu Alert: How to Help Protect Yourself January 31, 2018
Flu activity is widespread! To help protect yourself and those around you, make sure you’ve had your flu vaccine and practice excellent contact precautions. If you start to experience symptoms of the flu (fever, chills, body aches, nausea, vomiting, excessive fatigue), please contact me. We are here to ensure you stay healthy and feel well!Continue reading →
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals Thursday January 18, 3:30 PM January 2, 2018
Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals
Thursday, January 18th at 3:30 PM
Learn how to apply the S.M.A.R.T. method to any goals you have set out for yourself.
(Lifestyle Medicine Workshops Complimentary for patients of Dr. Serna’s practice)Continue reading →
- Upcoming Workshops for February & March January 2, 2018
February – Food Rx
March – Resistance TrainingContinue reading →
- Enjoy our December Office News! December 7, 2017 Continue reading →
- Join us for Yoga & Stretch: Thursday 12/7, 4:00 – 5:00 pm December 7, 2017 Continue reading →
- Community Wellness Seminar: Exercise “RX” 12/12 & 12/13 November 22, 2017
EXERCISE “RX” PRESENTATION & HEALTHY COOKING DEMONSTRATIONContinue reading →
Community Wellness Seminar Series
North Cypress Medical Center, 1st floor cafeteria
December 12th 6:00 pm and
December 13th 12:00 noon
Learn how exercise positively influences our health and well-being.
Enjoy healthy, tasty treats from Chef Armando while we get active.
Seminars presented by Dr. Serna
- Join us…Thursday 11/16 3:30 pm: Healthy Meal Prep Tips October 16, 2017 Continue reading →
- Flu Shots Are Here!!! September 14, 2017 Continue reading →
- Walk With A Doc: Thursday 9/28 3:30 PM September 11, 2017
Steppin’ Out With Dr. Serna…or Stretch With Sarah
Thursday September 28th, 3:30 PMContinue reading →
- Upcoming events: 10/11 Breakfast with the Doc & 11/16 Lifestyle Medicine Seminar September 11, 2017
Join us Wednesday October 11th, 9-10 AM for
“Breakfast with the Doc!”
Stop by for oatmeal, coffee or tea and get your Flu Shot!
UPCOMING LIFESTYLE MEDICINE SEMINAR
November 16th– Easy Meal Prep Tips with
Dr. Serna and Sarah!Continue reading →
- Cancelled: Community Wellness Seminar: Tuesday 9/12 6:00 pm and Wednesday 9/13 12:00 pm August 25, 2017
Please note, we have cancelled this upcoming event as we continue to focus our thoughts, prayers and efforts on our community. Dr. Serna
COMMUNITY WELLNESS SEMINAR AT NORTH CYPRESS MEDICAL CENTER
Tuesday, Sept 12th @ 6PM & Wednesday, Sept 13th @ Noon
Our next quarterly Wellness Seminar at North Cypress Medical Center hospital cafeteria is an informative presentation with Dr. Serna and Chef Armando who will showcase his cooking skills! It’s FREE!Continue reading →
- ‘Exercise & Sleep’ Thursday August 17, 3:30-4:30 August 4, 2017
JOIN US…LIFESTYLE MEDICINE SEMINAR!
For August, our Lifestyle Medicine Group will focus on what makes a healthy lifestyle. Join us for a fun, interactive, FREE seminar presented by Dr. Serna and Sarah-Ann Keyes, our Physician Assistant. You are welcome to invite a guest!
Enjoy a light snack while you learn!
EXERCISE & SLEEP
Thursday, Aug 17th, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
RVSP: 281-807-5300 or email@example.comContinue reading →
- Dr. Dorothy Serna & Sean Gipson are in the news! July 18, 2017 The Harris County Physician Newsletter reports…”Reduce burnout with a medical scribe for EHR data entry”Electronic health records (EHRs) have become a source of frustration for many physicians by increasing the amount of data entry a physician must complete, thus, reducing the amount of time they can spend with each patient. Click here for more.Continue reading →
- Join us Thursday July 20th, 3:30-4:30 pm “What is a Healthy Lifestyle Really?” July 11, 2017
In July, our Lifestyle Medicine Group will focus on what makes a healthy lifestyle. Join us for a fun, interactive, FREE seminar presented by Dr. Serna and Sarah-Ann Keyes, our Physician Assistant.
You are welcome to invite a guest! Enjoy a light snack while you learn!
WHAT IS A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE REALLY?
Thursday, July 20th, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
RVSP: 281-807-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Upcoming Events: Aug. 17, Sept 12/13 & 28 July 11, 2017
“Exercise & Sleep”
August 17th, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
September 12th @ 6:00 pm & 13th @ 12:00 noon
“Walk with the Doc!”
September 28th @ 3:30 pmContinue reading →
- Join us Thursday, June 29th 3:30-4:30 pm “Sugar Busters” June 20, 2017 Continue reading →
This month, our Lifestyle Medicine Group will focus on Prediabetes and Diabetes. Join us for a fun, interactive, FREE seminar presented by Dr. Serna and Sarah-Ann Keyes, our new Physician Assistant. You are welcome to invite a guest! Enjoy a snack while you learn!
“Preventing and treating Prediabetes and Diabetes through a Healthy Lifestyle.”
Thursday, June 29th, 3:30 –4:30 p.m.
RVSP: 281-807-5300 or email@example.com
- Thank You for attending “Brain Boot Camp” June 13th! June 13, 2017
We had a wonderful turnout! Food and interactive education were had by all!
- My New Concierge Practice Begins on Monday June 5th June 2, 2017
I wish to extend my sincere appreciation to the overwhelming number of patients who have enrolled. I look forward to caring for you in a highly personalized manner…for many years to come!Continue reading →
- You’re Invited…May 11 & 18, Learn about Personalized Care May 3, 2017
Learn more about personalized care at North Cypress Internal Medicine & Wellness.
Plan to attend one of my sessions:
Thursday, May 11th, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 18th, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
My new practice begins June 5th. It would be my pleasure to have you join me! — Dr. Serna
Did You Know: 97% Satisfaction Rate Among Concierge Patients! *Specialdocs 2017 Research SurveyContinue reading →
- Join Us…May 18, Lifestyle Medicine Seminar May 3, 2017
This month, we will be introducing a new format for our Lifestyle Medicine Group Visits!
Join us for a fun, interactive, FREE seminar presented by Dr. Serna and Sarah-Ann Keyes, our new Physician Assistant. You are welcome to invite a guest!
Enjoy a light snack while you learn how a plant-based “shift” can improve your health!
Plant Based Nutrition
“Just how many veggies do I really need?”
Thursday, May 18th, 3:30 PM-4:30 PM
(You are welcome to stay after to learn about Dr. Serna’s new practice.)Continue reading →
- Would You Like to Learn More About Personalized Care? March 14, 2017
I am passionate about your care and would love the opportunity to personally talk about how this practice change will greatly benefit you. Join me at the office for one of the following small group informational sessions:
Dorothy C. Serna, MD, CWP, FACP
- Thursday, April 6, 3:30-4:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 11, 4:00-5:00 pm
- Thursday, April 13, 5:00-6:00 pm
- Join Us…March 8 & 9, Coffee and Pre-Happy Hour with the Doc March 1, 2017
Missed the Open House, but want to learn more about Dr. Serna’s new concierge practice, launching June 5? Please join us for one of these upcoming events at our office:
Coffee with the Doc. Wednesday, March 8 9-10 am
Enjoy a leisurely cup of java and explore the many benefits of personalized medicine with Dr. Serna.
Pre-Happy Hour with the Doc. Thursday, March 9 5:30-6:30 pm
Spirited conversation, non-spirit drinks and plenty of time for Q&A with Dr. Serna about personalized medicine.Continue reading →
- Thank you! March 1, 2017
We were thrilled to host 175+ patients and guests at last Thursday’s Open House…an evening of facts, food and fun!
- You’re Invited to Our Open House on Feb. 23 February 15, 2017
Join us at our Open House on Thursday, February 23, 2017 from 4-7 pm.
How Lifestyle Medicine can work for you. At 4:15 and 5:45 pm
Our Wellness Coaches and find out how they can help you reach your health and fitness goals. At 4:45 pm
About Dr. Serna’s new concierge/personalized care practice specially developed to help you live your healthiest life. At 5:15 and 6:15 pm